For over 20 years Medical Reimbursement has built it's reputation on the unsurpassed knowledge and professionalism of our coders, billing specialists, account managers, analysts, and management team.
If you are interested in working for Medical Reimbursement, please email your current resume to Patrick Archbold., Director of Operations.
Network Administrator Job Responsibilities
Troubleshooting network problems. Must have a basic understanding of the following software products: Microsoft Windows all versions, All office products, AIX, RDP, Java, SQL, Microsoft Access, SFTP, and FTP. Must have a basic understanding of the following hardware products: Personal Computers, desktop as well as laptops, network attached printers as well as USB connected printers, scanners, network cabling and troubleshooting, wireless access points as well as learning and supporting our phone system. This position reports directly to the Director of Information Technology.
Network Admin Job Duties
- End user support through the helpdesk software (LanSweeper), including all devices and software connected to the PC and/or network
- Configure and install various networked devices and services (e.g., PC’s, Printers, Access Points, basic server support, phone system support, network cabling support and any other types of support required by the Director of I.T.)
- Responsible for network hardware and software auditing, through the use of LanSweeper
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related projects as needed
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning (LanSweeper)
- Provide support and troubleshooting to resolve issues end user issues.
- Help establish configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure. Secures network system by helping to establish and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s IT team
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Project Management, Problem Solving, LAN Knowledge, Proxy Servers, Networking Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Performance Tuning, People Management
Network Admin Skills and Qualifications
- Proven hands-on Helpdesk experience especially with Intel based PC’s as well as Microsoft OS and Office, and business apps. Active Directory, FTP, SFTP, VPN structure and support
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience in Helpdesk operations
- CompTIA preferred
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a help desk support technical.
Account Representative/Billing Specialist
Motivated self-starters that have excellent time management skills. Previous claim development experience a plus
Data Entry Specialist Full and/or Part Time
Highly motivated individuals with data entry skills of 8,000 – 10,000 keystrokes. A low error rate is a must. Previous medical billing experience a plus.
Customer Service Representative
Highly motivated professionals to take incoming calls from our patients. Must be articulate and have an excellent phone presence. Data entry skills are necessary for this position. Previous medical billing experience a plus.
Certified Professional Coders
Previous experience assigning codes directly from a complete medical record is required. CPC or CCS-P required. Satisfactory completion of a coding skills test will be required during the hiring process. Audits are performed quarterly and are incorporated into the performance review process All our coding positions provide a great salary, health/dental/life/drug insurance, 401K, flexible spending, paid vacation, casual dress, and bonuses for our excellent performers!
Individuals in this role contribute to our general office duties. This position is part-time, usually 25 – 30 hours per week, Monday thru Friday. Previous experience with various office equipment a plus.
Externships & Internships
Medical Reimbursement has a long history of affiliating itself with educational institutions and contributing to the community through healthcare career workforce development programs. Each semester MRI works with local technical colleges to provide learning and career development opportunities for individuals currently pursuing a coding or medical billing career through a certification program. These opportunities take the form of 4 to 6 week intern or externships. Candidates are selected based upon their background and academic performance. Each extern and intern is provided with a personal mentor who establishes a personal and academic work plan that readies the intern/extern for entry level careers in healthcare coding and billing. For more information about our Internships and Externships, please contact us directly via email, or contact the placement office at your school. We currently have placement relationships with the folllowing schools: